1.8.12

more thierry boutemy

I am always looking for new, original design for floral arranging. It can be a challenge finding a unique perspective on a medium that has an expiration date. I feel like florists, including myself if you would call me that, are always trying to come up with new shapes, patterns, color schemes and rhythms of an arrangement. I was stuck on Saipua for a long time. I still am. Her style is to die for, but I also like the bold, abstract whimsy of thierry boutemy. Boy o boy, look at some of his new work. You know why I like him so much? Because he shows that typical arranging isn't always the best. You can have wisps of flowers. You don't need a full expensive arrangement all tightly bunched together. Take a look below. 

I am working hard on trying to find new ways to get Foxglove out there. Boutemy makes me feel like it's  possible to be different and successful. I really have enjoyed the photo shoots that I have been apart of. Fashion and design are big inspirations to me and being able to make pieces for those mediums is rewarding in a different way then creating wedding flowers is rewarding. Arrangements aren't just for weddings, you can have them in your everyday life or open your favorite magazine and have them draped across the pages. There are exciting avenues that flowers can travel and I hope that Foxglove continues to grow and travel the unknown. 

officiel mars 2012 - par constance chaillet & alexandra senes - photographie gaëlle pierre
(Look at that Poodle!!!)

store stefanel milan april 12



private event june 12 - crédit photo : lydie nesvadba - agency : profirst 

No comments:

Post a Comment