17.10.12

the wild at heart




















Introducing The Wild at Heart

I have been thinking of doing this series of photo's for awhile. Thinking locally and of the moment, I wanted to start making arrangements with the foliage and flowers of certain locations. Gathering, arranging and photographing all in the space where the subjects came from. 
This is the first of the series. 

Seth and I spend many summer weekends up at his lake house on Lake Geneva. While the space is beautiful in the summer, just this past weekend I experienced the fall up there. The colors, weather and calmness were almost to much. So perfect and serene. We went on a walk and gathered branches, flowers, weeds, sticks, pods and whatever else inspired us. It was rainy and windy making it slightly difficult to arrange and photograph, but I think the final result turned out pretty well for the first image of this series.
 I am super excited to make the next one. There is something thrilling about jumping out of a car or going on a walk, finding beautiful shapes and colors and arranging them in their own wild.  

1 comment: