9.4.15

At least it's a Thunderstorm and Not Snow

I am ok with grey and chill, as long as it involves a perfect Spring thunderstorm in the morning. I have been having a really hard time sleeping lately and this grey, cold, damp weather helped me sleep like a baby. It is not helping me get through the rest of today, but it gave me a good start.


We have some exciting upcoming projects and happenings, but they seem to never come. Spring is dragging her feet, which makes everything seem so far away. I finally got my hands on some local ranunculus that ended up being perfect little things, duh. Thanks to my friend Jeanie. She amazes me and inspires me all the time. Looking forward to hopefully seeing her soon. It's been to long.




This weekend I am hosting a lunch for some woman that totally inspire me and have been feverously trying to figure out what to cook. I have to stay One Part Plant... which can be hard for me, because I eat everything.. almost. Cheese, grapes and wine I could live off of forever, but it wouldn't be a very healthy existence. Thanks to my friend Jessica it will be at least a healthy weekend.


I have to watch what I eat now which has never been anything that I am good at. Seth and I are expecting our first baby in August. I never really thought that this day would come but it has and it feels so bold and matter of fact. It's exciting to wonder who this little person is, what he/she likes to do, eat, watch, listen to. I used to be afraid of kids and lord help me I am still afraid of birth and everything that is part of it. But now there is nothing I can do to get around it. It will happen and we will have a new amazing human at our dinner table.

 I only know of a few other florists, the ever so talented Sarah Winward and my friend and amazing flower girl Meg Catherine, who have cute as a button kids and I was at first afraid, what about Foxglove? But then I look around and see so many mothers that are kicking ass at their jobs, passions and families and this brings me to the conclusion that it will only enhance Foxglove. It really is a miracle, like holy shit! My body can make a human? That's crazy cool.

I wonder if he/she will like flowers... could they be someone that could run this joint someday, after I am beat up from all the years of shlepping flowers from one place to the other? If not, it's ok.



There is a feeling of being trapped inside lately. It's something I think all of use are struggling with right now in Chicago. These are elevated by the sad state of the weather, but looking at peoples flower farms and bright sunny arrangements, fields of lush wide open land and mountains is a tease and destroys my perception of Chicago just a little bit. I just bought a new lens for my camera and decided to test it out on the studio and realized  I need to get outside. It's time to find my own mountains and fields of flowers. Soon enough, I know, but the ants are in my pants.


Time to go eat one of those donuts that the Rent the Runway peeps left behind. I am real good at this healthy eating thing.



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the baby, Caitlin!!!! There are so many amazing Moms raising their kids and following their dreams and passions. You're going to be awesome! -Katie

    ReplyDelete