7.4.15

It's Already April

You guys, it's been crazy how long it has been since I posted here. For that I apologies. I need to get better at keeping up here. I love this space and find that it always gets pushed to the background.
I am hoping with a few changes I will have more time to write here.

In the meantime things are always moving for us. We hired our lovely Ali Summers a few months back. Super excited to have a new teammate that is going to help grow the business and keep us moving strong. I got to a point where everything was just to much and as most who run their own business, we can't do it all. Ali emailed at the right time and boom, she has been a dream to have and I am lucky to have someone that will be able to hopefully run this baby like a well oiled machine!



We are working with the online retail spot Strolby to get our curated products out into the world a bit more. They contacted us awhile back about being part of their Chicago branch and we were super excited. Especially after we saw all the great people and shops we would be in company with! You can still shop at our Apothecary + Supply. But Strolby is also a great way to bundle lot's of gifts together for one big shop attack.


We have a new product that we are SUPER excited about. My friend Laura from Gilt City introduced me to Cocovit and I have fallen in love. 100 % pure coconut oil and she has an amazing story behind where this oil comes from.  If you would like to pick some up head over to our shop to get some. It's a dream. And stay tuned to the shop, we have a lot of new items that will be popping up, like planters, ceramics and plant hangers!



This year I decided it would be the year where we get some more hands involved, grow the business and most of all educate myself not only in floral design, but also in the real business of running a floral studio. It is an investment, but I finally bit the bullet and will be attending The Little Flower School's Master Workshop at the end of this month. I am looking forward to spending 3 days with other like minded florists and learning from two florists that have inspired me from the very beginning. This will make our way of doing things easier on us and our clients and I couldn't ask for a better educational setting.

Photo by Sarah Ryhanen

Plus I get to stay on this amazing small goat and chicken farm, while attending the workshop in the Hudson Valley area. I mean, cute goats and a 100 year old farm house, sounds good to me. 




I am going to make a more conscious effort to keep things going on the blog. As I sit here and stare at tax stuff, knowing that I am avoiding them, by writing here. But hey, everyone needs an escape from the realities of business sometimes right?



1 comment:

  1. SO excited to see what you create at the workshop! Have so much fun!!!! xxoxox

    ReplyDelete